Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Update of Pigeon Lake campsite - by Trish Bantle

Following is an e-mail thread between myself and Jason Bodine regarding PLFS.
I feel like we are getting a little more info.....
I will keep publishing as I find out more.

From: Jason Bodine [mailto:JBodine@bayfieldcounty.org
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 3:54 PM
To: Trish Bantle
Subject: RE: PLFS
I did hear back from the Forest Service.  They have submitted a request to purchase (I believe as a joint project with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and Parks Service…thought that part was unclear).  He had no idea on a timeline or odds of receiving funds.  I know BCPL is eager to divest.  Will let you know if/when I hear anything else.  Sorry I really couldn’t find out anything you didn’t already know.
Jason


From: Trish Bantle 
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 5:02 PM
To: 'Jason Bodine'
Subject: RE: PLFS
That the Forest Service has SUBMITTED a request to purchase is significant I would think…
Who is he? (as in: He had no idea on a timeline or odds of receiving funds. ….)

And Submitted to who?
Also, who/what is BCPL….oh I think I have it Bayfield County Public Lands? Am I correct about this?
Jason you are getting much further than I was…or perhaps you understand the lingo more.
I really appreciate your efforts and also keeping me informed, and answering my questions. (I know there is no such thing as a dumb question, yet I know some of these might seem dumb to you!)
Thank you,
Trish Bantle


From: Trish Bantle [mailto:tbantle@durand.k12.wi.us
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 5:02 PM
To: Jason Bodine <JBodine@bayfieldcounty.org>
Subject: RE: PLFS
That the Forest Service has SUBMITTED a request to purchase is significant I would think… Yes.  It definitely means they value the property enough to try for it.
Who is he? (as in: He had no idea on a timeline or odds of receiving funds. ….)  Forest service contact who is familiar with the project.

And Submitted to who?  Not exactly sure where it was submitted or if it was part of a specific grant.  I suspect it was submitted through internal Federal channels that would compete with other internal projects for Federal dollars.    

Also, who/what is BCPL….oh I think I have it Bayfield County Public Lands? Am I correct about this?  Wisconsin Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (a state agency).  They are the ones selling the property.  Believe the appraised value is $1.32 million.
Jason you are getting much further than I was…or perhaps you understand the lingo more.
I really appreciate your efforts and also keeping me informed, and answering my questions. (I know there is no such thing as a dumb question, yet I know some of these might seem dumb to you!)  Not a problem.  Only wish I had more information to share.
Thank you,
Trish Bantle

No comments: