Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pigeon Lake Camp Update

Trish just spoke with Tom German at the Public Lands Office.
 tom.german@wi.gov   608-267-2233
His latest on PLFS is that now the Forest Service may be interested in acquiring it with Federal Grant Monies.
He said he has repeatedly asked the FS about acquiring the camp and has always gotten a definite "No." Then out of the blue heard from a Jenny (last name unknown)with the USFS out of Park Falls and Jeff Nell who he believes is out of Park Falls and Rhinelander that the Forest Service has an interest.
This was as a couple of weeks ago. He asked that they send him some kind of intent of interest in writing, and at this point has not received that.
I asked if there had been any other interest and he mentioned "a gentleman" out of the MSPLS, but had no further information about the gentleman. I asked him if he was the person I should be talking to, to gather information about the camp and he said yes, but he would need to talk to co-workers to find info on "the gentleman."
I sent him my email and phone numbers, and asked that he please share any information he receives about camp with me.Forest Service would be awesome, fingers crossed that happens!
Wanted to share. I have not had a chance to follow up on the folks in the USFS (Jenny and Jeff) who are looking in to this. School is starting......but will keep you all informed as I become informed. Please do the same for me!
Thank you!Trish 

No comments: